Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Magical World of Wizadry comes to a close....

Day 22

I am not lazy, I just can not write every single day.  So here it is Tuesday morning and I need to catch up on Sunday and Monday!  Well Sunday came in with sunshine a cool breeze and the knowledge that I was going to see HARRRRRRRY POTTER!  WAHOO!  Barbara and I defcided we were going to take Linda's daughter Krysten with us because she did not get to go to the midnight showing with her older sister.  Understandable.  The week prior to this we had wanted to go see Transformers and the kids would go see Cars with Nana.  Well we drove up and saw what WE considered a hugely daunting line and a parking lot packed, we turned around and went home.  This time when we saw that we did not falter.  We had no children in tow, and we had been assured that no matter the line, we would get in, " you'll see".   As we approached i have to say I was happy no one was in costume.  My mood improved even more when the ticket man asked me for only 5$ a ticket!  ?HUH?  You Sure?  Tickets at this theater are only 5$ on weekends until 12 and until 6 during the week!  I was leery of what we were in for inside then if tickets were so cheap.  Color me mystified and surprised when we didn't stand in line for a second, and as soon as we walked in we were greeted with twinkling lights, humongous movie posters, gorgeous concession stands, and the most movie theaters I have ever seen in my life.  My jaw hit the floor when we walked into OUR theater and the screen took up so much of my vision I had to swing my head side to side to capture it all!  The seats were more than comfortable.  The head rests were about a foot above your head, and the person sitting behind you was nowhere near you!  There feet were about head level.  Talk about stadium seating.  This was NOT an IMAX theater,, but it had all the feel of one.  For 5 $ I had felt like I was given a ticket to the Premiere itself.  And then HE sat next to me.   HE was a middle aged man. pushing 4-500 lbs....and he was magical.  You know WHY he was magical?  He had a wand.  Yes a wand.  And he waved the wand with pride along with the characters through the entire movie.  We did move down one seat when he sat next to me...and the amazing thing about this theater is the arms between the seat lift up making a love seat.  So he was able to lift the arm up and "spread" when we moved down.  I really have nothing to say about him besides.....wow. The movie however was...unbelievable.  Amazing, perfectly executed a 10 plus 10 more....it was unbelievably beautiful.  I can not wait to see it again.  I can not wait to own every one of them...sit down and watch them all start to finish!  Whats that....a 14-16 hour adventure?!
After the movie Barbara, Krysten and I headed home and got the kids ready for the water park!  Barbara said she would stay with the little man so Josh and I could actually participate in the park too!  We had a blast.  And at 31 years old I have to say I have missed going down a water slide!  How fun was that!


Can't wait to go back to the park again!  We dropped Krysten off to her mom at work and head home for a relaxing evening.  Josh has work tomorrow after all.


Day 23
Monday....the day before Barbara goes home for a few weeks.  The day Roger arrives... and the pool is still closed.  We hear that the chlorine pump is in, and that we should be fine to swim either tonight or tomorrow.  UGH!  I really do not have much to say about today.  Decided to lay low, had the kids do some puzzles.  I went grocery shopping on the base and prepped some meatballs for dinner tonight since we had company.  Roger was here about 3 while I was at the gym in the "clubhouse" here at Lake Gray.  It's literally a 10 second walk..like 40 steps from my porch to the pool and workout room.  I just HAD to try it out.  And there I was 30 minutes later sweating like a pig and so relieved and happy.  We sat on the porch before dinner chatting about plans of their return, about 2 weeks when I have to finish my training with Kelly Subbing services.  Bed comes early in the week with Josh having to be up at 4 for work.  So we all lay down at 7 730.  We shall see what Day 24 will bring....I am already nervous.  Me alone with 3 kids and Josh at work....oye vey!

3 comments:

  1. OK so I had to read the wand part out loud to my student teacher, who also LHAO (h-her). The visuals were amazing. Reminds me of when I went to see NKOTB in Boston when the first reunited and we were the ONLY ones NOT in 80s garb in our section.
    <3 and miss you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOL he was indeed a sight to be seen...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe all the movies start to finish are indeed 17 hours and 36 minutes! I can't wait to do the same!

    ReplyDelete