So as promised to myself and my hubby, we did a whole lot of nothing. Well for us it was nothing. We drove across the bridge ( about 2.5-3 times as long as Newport but built like Jamestown bridge) to go over to what they call "mandarin" very upscale community. Jacksonville is huge, so its kind of separated out into islands. People are from different "areas" we are considered the "west side", middle class. Mandarin is upper middle class....and there are many mores sections we are still learning about. The stores on the Mandarin side of town are really beautiful and plentiful. There is no shortage of shopping to be had in Jax. We puttered around our favorites, Tuesday Morning, TjMaxx and my new love and obsession Bealls. During our adventures out a small green anole jumped on Bay's foot causing an eruption of giggles and pleas of " can I keep it? Where's its mom and dad!" I immediately though of one of my best friends back home, Shannon, who has a love for these creatures and decided she was watching over Bay today because no lizard has ever come right up to us. I have been missing her tons and it was nice to have this short delusion of her somehow being here :) Do they get rabies? ( I know my google queen will tell me).
| Green Anole |

The storm clouds looked ominous around 2 so we headed to the base for groceries and then home so the kids could take a quick dip in the pool. While on the porch another member of the wild kingdom was slithering down Bay and Pip's window. From the outside of course. I couldn't help but think about another best friend Kacy. She has a liking for snails, they are her favorite creature. I had just been thinking of Kacy on our excursion. Every year I try to buy her somehting from Alice In Wonderland from TjMaxx or Tuesday Morning. I saw a teapot today and became very nostalgic. I am so glad my friends decided to show up in their animal forms!
During the snail sighting my friend Linda swung by and did a sort of "drive by gifting". She got me the cooooolest sticker EVAH for my car. Love it. I will have to upload a pic once its been applied to the car because its not a solid sticker its one of those clearish ones....here is an online image I found.
I am more than thrilled and anxious to go put this on right now! Thank you LINDA!!! That is all for today....dinner on the grill of course and a movie before bed. Josh has the work week ahead....and we are counting the days until the Babs returns!

1) You can only get rabies from mammals so the anole would have to have been in contact with an infected mammal!!
ReplyDelete2) rabies can not survive in reptiles it has to be a warm blooded animal!! and as far as i know bird cant be infected.
grin :)
ReplyDelete