Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Get A Job Na na na na nananana na !

Day 17-
Here I am at a job interview...now when I have ever walked into one, its been me and the interviewer.  No company, no witnesses, nobody else to listen in on your business.  I have my degree in early Childhood Special Education but there is a freeze for hiring full time teachers.  Therefore I find myself trying to sub, and trying to gain a position as an Early Intervention specialist on the base in their child development center.  Duval county where we reside has over 170 schools, so they have to contract out their sub positions to an educational staffing agency called Kelly Educational Services.  Fine by me, as they nearly guarantee five days a week work.  I LIKE IT.  Back to the interview portion.  I walked in preparing to meet one person, well that so did not happen.  There were about twenty people in the waiting room, ranging from "just got out of diapers" and "should be going back in them soon"...if you catch my drift.  Here I start to be a doubter, "aww man, I am so not getting the job,"  until all 20 of us are brought back to a room with buffet tables lined with applications.  We are informed to fill out all the material.  We do this in an orderly fashion, and just like a conveyor belt in a factory we are processed down the line as we finish the application.  Fill out the app...CHECK.  Quick thirty second interview....CHECK.  Fill out an online form and pay for fingerprinting with a debit card...CHECK.  Fingerprint....CHECK.  Receive appointment card for orientation and a congratulations handshake...CHECK.  Umm... so I have a job?  According to them yes.  All 20 of us were hired.  WOWZA.  Return Thursday for orientation day one.  Return late August for second half before starting to teach.  So I guess its a start right?
I came home to a grumpy baby again,  very fussy and having trouble pooping ( tmi sorry).  Took his temp and it was low 99.5.  Nothing too bad, called my pediatrician in Newport and was told to try Mylicon, tummy time ( which this odd child LOVES), hot bath, the works.  Had a late night swim with the hubby...just us, that was niiiiiice.
We shall see what tomorrow brings, but since I already know because I am typing this a day late.....lets just say.  UGGGGH.

2 comments:

  1. Slightly confused...so pls stand by while I ponder. Ur hired for sub, but applying as EI Specialist? Yes? Ok, think I got it. (I hope) Didn't know about EI, so throwing me a bit. Is this yesterday or today? Today I thought involved an i.v. for the prince, so this must in fact be yesteray. Blonde over here, confusion comes rather easy. Pls forgive me if I am drastically wrong. <3

    ReplyDelete