Friday, July 22, 2011

Pool Closed...and...YAY! Mother's Helper!

Day 25
Wednesday, hump day.  So with our pool still closed and non operational I have been finding ways to entertain the children indoors.  Nothing of course that I do competes with a pool though.  So mainly they sat here all Wednesday morning sulking, looking at that darn blue sign.  We chatted with the maintenance guy and it turns out once they fixed one problem, they discovered another!  So here we are waiting on another part!  And here I am taking pics of the kiddos...





They are adorable after all! 
We spent the afternoon at the water park since it was so hot out and we could meet daddy there.  He gets off daily at 2....such a blessing!  Hottest part of the day and I get help so I can bring all three to the park!  AWESOME.   I am researching local libraries and other indoor kid friendly places for days like this.  The realization that summer will be ending soon and school starting for both my kids and me, is making me a tad panicky.

Day 26
Thursday- yay for a mothers helper!!!  OK so my friend Linda has an amazing 11 year old daughter and she has the best name EVER, Krysten.  The girls love her, adore her and want every second spent to be meaningful, therefore, they harass the heck out of her.  So in exchange for pool time and getting to go on the water slide and get out of the house and being bored, I have her come over and help out with the girls at the water park and in the pool!  Its such a symbiotic relationship! Love it!  She is perfect age, not a teenage brat, and not helpless.  Could save my kid if they were drowning, but yet still innocent and sweet ( enough). :)  She came over at about 9 and we packed a picnic lunch.  We made a list of errands to get done before we go to the park which opens at 11.  We left the house at 1015...and did we get anything on that list done?  NO. WELLLLL, we bought stamps, so tecnhically one thing.  but I sit here on Friday (thank god) morning and sip a disgusting iced coffee.  Ya know why?  BECAUSE WE DIDN'T GET MY SPLENDA!....it was on the list.  Guess we were all super excited to get to the pool...

Bay was put in time out several times by the life guard.  I love this park.  She cuts the line and sneaks up the stairs...but he makes her wait with him through quite a few people until he lets her go!  I love this... 

My handsome men!  Jasper LOVES the water....what a water baby!!!  We were lucky that the clouds rolled in so he could see without his hat and glasses!

Water baby!





So we spent almost 4 hours at the park!!!
Going down the slide just never gets old!  She went down over 50 times today....I lost count around 40 something.

Sunning himself in the shade!

"Now I can take off my life jacket mom"  says the 3 year old fish who sees daddy approaching in the distance.

One fish two fish red fish BROWN fish.  The tans these kids get even with SPF!  Here is Bay and Krys.
Had a great time today!  Hopefully our pool will be fixed for Friday....but if not, the base is 5 minutes away and I will have Krys with me all day!  Tata for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment