Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Thundah Rolls....And the Adventures of Pancake and Flapjack!

Day 27-
Here it is Friday...thank GOD!  I am so excited to have the weekend and my husband not be in bed by 645 pm because he has to wake at 4!  WOHOOO!  Krys is joining me again today and is helping me run some errands while  we wait ever so patiently for this pool to open.  I have to say she is very level headed and patient...even if she is silently tormented at that blue "POOL CLOSED" sign.  We were told at 9 am that it would open at 1....we were told at 12 it would be 2 and at 230 we were told 5.  She sat peeking out our blinds every 15 second....watching....and waiting.  The skies grew ominous but we al agreed we would totally be swimmin' in the rain!  But then the thunder rolled....and at 458 when then sign came down, lightning struck in the courtyard right beyond the pool.  So, the sign is down, and now we are tormented by the weather.  It is Florida after all and the storm will pass quickly, and it did.  By 6 pm we all were swimming in the pool with blue skies in the distance.  By 630 my girls eyes were burning with the chlorine and we had to go in.  The levels were very high due to the pool being stagnant and no pump for a week they wanted to make sure it stayed clear.  It should level out in a few days but for now they need to learn to close those eyes!  THEY ARE FISH!

Day 28- 
Krysten happy to be swimming!
Today is a beautiful day!!   Sunny and not a cloud in the sky!  I love Saturday!  Today we vowed to own that pool, to be poolside all day.  To live breath and die by chlorine!  We packed up some bags even though we are literally 100 feet from the pool, and we moved in!  Linda and Krys showed up at 1130 but we had already been swimming since 10.  Payton and Bay both swim on their own which impresses many parents whose kids are inundated with floaties, a swim ring life jacket and a noodle.  Thats not swimming...



Linda soaking up life in the pool!

What a goof! Baleigh mastering the art of snorkeling

I have met few women who take the art of tanning seriously.  Heather does, yes.  And we got to be very good at it on the beaches of Bonnet Shores.  And now Linda, my tanning buddy ( and friend) here in Jax, sat there with her watch, timing the flips.  I said I felt like a pancake.  "Flip me!"  Which is how and why we have deemed ourselves, pancake and flapjack!  I was sweating in all the wrong places, and dying to get back in that water when I was told, " you can do it!  We only have 30 seconds left!"  really?  Did she just "coach" me to lay out longer?  Serious business this tanning stuff.  If I could get paid to do it... I would.   And as I sit looking at the gorgeous tan I am acquiring I guess I owe her a "thank you" for flipping me on time....I am not burnt.  I am jussst right, and our portague skin is thanking us for getting its color back!  Oh and yes....I used SPF. :)  I like GOLDEN brown, not leather and not cancer!
We look pinkish because the camera was set to only pick up pink tones! LOL 


We were poolside from 10 am until 3 pm when I could no longer take the sun, I was done!  Plus there were wings to be made and potato salad ( for our non paleo guests), burgers to be pattied and dogs to be prepped.  Quite a successful day of playing.  Noodles, beach balls, kick boards, sling shot games...felt like a kid again!  But 5 o'clock has to come at some point....and I have to put away my inner child and get my pirate on.  Tough job, but somebody has got to do it!  The kids were worn out from the pool....Jasper included.  Poor little man got a burn on the right side of his face and his chest from being in the SHADE.  Full on covered shade and he burnt :(    When I say shade I do not mean a flimsy umbrella.  He was under the covered deck of the club house the entire time....not even near the pool.  Guess he will not be going poolside any more.  He loves to be outdoors, but I guess the reflection of the mid day sun was just too extreme.  We are fortunate to be just steps from the pool...no further than if you owned one and had to walk outside to your backyard to go in it.  And our baby monitor works great out there.  So we will have to time pool time with nap time.  Right now he naps about 10-2 so we are golden!
 Linda and her brood left about 6....Josh and I watched another beautiful storm pass through, but never really affected us.  Our porch faces North so these pics show the storm passing north.  To all my Rhode Islanders I am looking towards you!

I am hoping Sunday brings with it relaxation and a whole lot of doing NOTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment