Sunday, July 17, 2011

Gogs and Froats....

Day 21-
Well...its cloudy out,  but we are going to that darn beach anyway.  Don't care!  I prefer overcast skies to burning to a crisp anyway.  Besides I heard there are sharks teeth and I so want to find one!  The place we went to is called Hanna Park.  There is a water park, beach front, camping grounds, playground, you name it!  Driving up feels as if you are entering a rain forest.  Baleigh asked over and over where the monkeys were.  I have to take this moment to say how awesome it is to have someone to give you input on the area.  And also how increidbly happy I am that Joshua has weekends off and is off work by two every day.  Its so nice to actually do things and spend time with him.  Ok moving on.  The entrance again was just...breathtaking...



The beach had white sand and beautiful water.  The surf was a bit rough from the storms but it was
gorgeous nonetheless.  There was orange netting protecting a large mound of sand.  Sea turtle eggs!  Baleigh played in the surf with Josh and Krysten while Linda Payton and I walked the beach and sifted ( with a dollar store kid sifter!) for sharks teeth!   Baleigh boogie boarded and swam and scared the life out of me.  I am more than petrified, as in not even rational about it, petrified of sharks.  I think they are everywhere just waiting to eat me and my children alive.  I hated watching her play in the rough surf which made the water a tad too murky for my taste.  The dolphin fins in the distance were a tad daunting too.  A fin after all...is a fin.  She was having so much fun being Miss Independent in the surf.  Payton stayed close by me on the shore line....terrified of the waves. 



I have to say after an hour of sifting sand I did find what I was looking for!  Don't let it fool you....its the size of a pinky nail! But I didn't care.  I wanted one and I got it!


There was more than just the beach.  Before we left we stopped by the water park to check it out and see the lake where could rent kayaks or camp etc if we choose to in the future.  The kids were tired after the  beach so we did not stay long. 



We went home to await our evening company!  Linda's fiance Branden was going to come over as well this evening!  Fun stuff.  With Krysten in tow ( of course she loves to play with the kids!) they came over and enjoyed a beautiful evening on the porch.  After a few cocktails and some great stories we had a guest arrive out of the blue....wild kingdom I tell ya.  A stray cat, claimed us as her own.  As I type this Sunday morning, she is still on the porch under my feet.  SIGH.  I do not want an animal, especially a cat.  She will not be allowed in the house, and I will not be encouraging her being on the porch either!  While we sat on the porch and it got darker and later we starting hearing the braying of what we thought was a goat....or a lamb.  We were informed these were in fact frogs!  Well we thought we were just soooo clever to call them gogs...or froats.   Haven't laughed that much in a long time.  What a great night!  Tomorrow ( well today ) HARRRRY POTTER!

2 comments:

  1. I expect to find a shark's tooth from my godchildren in my mailbox...just saying <3
    You should take a picture of the gog froats <3
    This Linda sounds like a suitable person...I approve ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Nay....thanks for reading the blog! :D

    ReplyDelete