FINALLLLY! First thing Thursday morning I received the call from the Director of Childtime informing me the background check came in clear and I would definitely start training on Tuesday. She asked if I would like to bring Bay by that afternoon to discuss her classes etc...and to meet MINE! She let me know I would have to drive over to the early childhood coalition and get a school transfer form for Bay so she can go to my school from now on. I ran a few other errands locally, Bjs, bank, etc. Took Josh's JEEP to the shop for a much needed oil change and serpentine belt change and rushed to pick Baleigh up from school.
After we got Bay she wanted to stay home so I just took Pip for the ride over to get the paperwork, it was a good hour trip so it wasn't until late afternoon that we got to go visit my ( and the kids) new school! The girls were in heaven, so was my mother in law!! The director immediately fell in love with the kids, the assistant director even held Jasper for quite awhile while we looked around. They were all so kind to my entire family talking with Barbara along the way. The room I have is right across the hall from Bay's room and Payton's "pre learner" daycare room is in the corner right between Bay's and my room! Its a tight knit group of workers, everyone who met my children got down at eye level with them and was so kind and cheerful! I nearly cried when I saw my classroom of kids, such a great group! They were sitting eating their snack very quietly and politely! There lessons have been put on hold until I start next week. The sub is mainly just there to provide care for now. I have had several people ask me what Montessori means....well here you go.
The Montessori method was first developed in the early 1900's by Dr. Maria Montessori. The Montessori method's focus is on the individuality of each child in respect to their needs or talents as opposed to the needs of the class as a whole.
The Montessori method encourages independence and freedom with limits and responsibility. It also allows for the child to grow independently and encourages the self-absorption of information. A 2006 study published in the, "Journal of Science" concluded that Montessori students performed better than their standard public school counterparts in a variety of areas, including not only traditional academic areas such as language and mathematical reasoning, but in social cognition skills as well.The authors concluded that, "when strictly implemented, Montessori education fosters social and academic skills that are equal or superior to those fostered by a pool of other types of schools." Montessori children are usually adaptable. They have learned to work independently and in groups. Since they have been encouraged to make decisions from an early age, these children are problem-solvers who can make choices and manage their time well. They have also been encouraged to exchange ideas and to discuss their work freely with others and good communication skills ease the way in a new setting. Research has shown that the best predictor of future success is a sense of self-esteem. Montessori programs, based on self directed, non-competitive activites, help children develop good self images and the confidence to face challenges and change their optimism.
I do love this method of teaching and learning for everyone. I am very hands on and visual and think everyone should think (and draw and write) outside the box. The more creative a person is the more they get done and stretch themselves to their educational limits. I think the children should learn best from each other and their own curiosity. You won't find one ditto sheet in a Montessori school...no cutting on the lines or writing between them
Josh got home normal time around 530....and I made him some vegetable fried (cauli)rice and a sesame ginger pork loin that was so delicious! Barbara and I sat up chatting for a bit before I hit the hay too. Its so fun to have her here....and such a blessing!
Day 62- FRIDAY FROG DAY!
Oh my gosh what an interesting day!!!!! The morning started with my usual routine....kids and I are up about 530-6 lately, our hours will be changing when I start working. My hours are 830-530. I get an hour lunch and half hour- forty five minute planning period while kids nap at school. YES THEY NAP! So dinner will not be at 5 anymore it will be more like 630 so the girls will probably start going to bed around 8 instead of 7 and getting up at 630-7 hopefully. I started with making my iced coffee and getting my gallons of water to scrub the deck, I do this every morning I like a clean porch! When I opened the door a very tinnnnny I mean tinnny guest jumped right in the house and behind the TV stand which is right by the door.
I pulled out the TV stand and noticed how "quickly" he seemed to have gotten to the other side....and my gosh was he even bigger than I thought? I caught him and noticed he had suction feet and a red and green speckled back he was not black as previously thought...hmmm. OK so I set him outside and came back in. Payton had run in to tell Nana about the frog and when I went to stop her I looked behind the TV stand and on the wall....was the frog that I HAD SEEN jump in....now wait a minute? That means TWO! But only one had come in the house! I caught the second one and placed him outside but first took a picture. I wish I had taken a pic of the first one. When I snapped this picture the snap of the camera scared him and he jumped on the screen of my phone! YIKES! So cute though....love frogs. I wonder who the frog is in my friends animal kingdom?! I actually saw ALL of my animal kingdom peeps today. Heather ( duck) stopped by for a cracker while Nay(lizard) hung out on the wall and even walked over Kacy (snail) who was on the under side of the drain pipe in the shade. After being locally fingerprinted, having a document notarized, and getting Bay from school we went home, had lunch and Barbara ( Nana babs) took the kids swimming while I cleaned and played with Jasper. His nap schedule is so great now....two naps a day, two hours morning two hour afternoon and ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT! YAY!
![]() |
| I love to SMILE! |
He is such a sweetie and loves to laugh, talk and smile!
Going to be 105 degrees tomorrow....plans include swimming....not moving...grilling....partying and celebrating....and maybe Pancake and Flapjack may get some quality tan time! So excited!!



No comments:
Post a Comment