Thursday, August 4, 2011

Don't Drink the Water....

 Day 39-
well Wednesday finds us back at the Dr. office first thing to meet our "new doctor".  I am not sure if I will keep this man as I want someone who will be around (if we stay here) through the children turning 18.  Now I am realistic, even a young doctor could leave, but why take the risk when I have choices now.  Jasper needed shots and proof of immunization so it was a necessity to find someone stat.  I can not believe this little man is 2 months old, but as the Dr. said, "nothin' little about him!"  He is not overweight nor is he too tall, but he is WIDE.  With a perfect round head.  Doctor was more than impressed with the head control and his adoration for tummy time!!  I commented that we use Brita filtered water for Jasper when our Spring water runs out and we have noticed a pattern of fussiness, gassiness and just plain misery associated with using the filtered water.  He said he does not care much for Brita, they think they are doing a good thing by filtering out calcium ( which is teh ONLY thing they filter!) but they replace it with SODIUM!  Well the sodium has dehydrated my little guy.  I usually only made him a bottle or two every few days if a gallon jug ran out, but it was reeking havoc on his insides.  Constipated for days and just so upset.  Poor thing.  The doctor recommended that even WE do not drink the filtered water.  It will dehydrate you.  Oh and another FYI, Nursery Water actually has too much fluoride in it for babies!  Who knew!
Ok so back to the shots.  Jas was to have only 6 but his weight ( 14 lbs 11 oz) put him in the second shot classification for the 16 week olds!  So they were able to go ahead and give him an additional 2...so he had 8 inoculations total! Only three needles pierced his beautiful skin and of course the oral rotavirus.
Holy vaccines!

Can you tell I have had two already?  I just let him go through it without doting on him?  IM JOKIN' I talked him through it...he was a true champ!   


2 in this leg one in the other and we are done...

I AM MADDDD Hear me ROAR!!!

The girls love the office, they were HUGE! Brightly lit and colored and a huge mirror spanning the exam table!

OK so a much needed swim after all that...and Jasper slept for 5 hours straight ( typical with shots) and let Krysten Bay and Pip and I sun ourselves and swim.  Today was logged as hottest day of the year.  Got up to 108 or something ridiculous!


umm...Pip?  Your chair...

This is how its done.

The icey pops melted almost all the way from the time I left the door and walked 30 feet to the pool!

What an angel....and he let us swim all day....played with us at dinner and then slept all night...


 FORT MYERS BOUND THIS WEEKEND!  THANK YOU AUNTY HEATHER FOR THE USE OF THE CONDO!

No comments:

Post a Comment