Thursday, August 11, 2011

Let me take you to RIO RIO!

Day 46- Wednesday

The day started early as usual.  Texting with my mother about the plans for the day and letting the kids watch their movie of the day.  It was yet again...RIO!  They love the music so much (as do I) that we downloaded the album online.  So they were more than pleased when it was time to turn off tv because they could "turn on" music and dance the "SAMBA" around the house to the RIO soundtrack.  We danced, colored and did puzzles today before hitting the road for groceries on base.  I am so sorry this video is flipped sideways...I can't rotate unless I buy the quickplayer pro version and I refuse. 
So we headed to the base with a quick stop by the trash compactor.  Wild Kingdom strikes again with a beautiful white bird.  I am thinking a heron of some kind?  Egret perhaps?

 After the trash we went shopping at which point I picked one cart and clipped my keys to it as I usually do...well the kids picked another cart and we had to up and move to that one.  Did I un-clip my keys?  Well I wouldn't be bringing it up if I had!  So an hour later we are leaving the store in the "rocket cart" with a clerk who speaks NO ENGLISH helping me out.   I get to the Jeep and have no way to open it....holy cow I totally left my keys clipped to the other cart!!!  In a panic we all rush back to the store.  I am thinking we will have to totally have to search the thousands of carts for my keys!  I approached the store manager and before I could finish the sentence, " Hi I clipped my k...."  she interrupted with, " they are in the cash window over there."  Pointed and walked away.  Well OK THEN.  I understand being in a rush but wow.  We headed home from there so Linda and I could do our workout and then get a good hour or so poolside.  really nothing else to report!  We soaked up some sun into our tired sore muscles!   One heck of a workout today! 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 #65 lb dead lift, thrusters, sit-ups, and #25 side crunches.  YOWZA.  Linda has lost a ton of weight working out with me!   My back is feeling it today. 
Linda left at 1 after sampling my pulled chicken which she loved.  And I started to plan the dinner for when Josh got home.   Decided to go with cavesketti!  Spaghetti squash with the insides peeled out and drained to look like sketti, then I used paper towel to soak up the water, they are very juicy squash!  I put it back in the skin of the squash like a bowl.  Made a salad and meatballs in home made sauce with the herbs from my plants! Delish!




Delicious end to an evening.  In bed by 8.  Oh and Jasper has been going down at 7 waking at 230 for a meal and going back down until 7!  I will take it! :D

1 comment:

  1. glad you found your keys, Josh would be lost without his Jeep :)
    I miss you all so much, Jasper is growing up and I haven't seen him since he was simply weeks old. <3

    ReplyDelete