Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Slow weekend with a SURPRISE twist!

Day 56-Saturday
Peaceful Weekend....
We honestly did a whole lot of nothing this weekend...I feel like I live behind my cellphone and camera so I put it down for the most part!  Saturday we went to the pool on base at 11 and was home by 130.  The kids watch Mars Needs Moms and actually Josh and I found ourselves watching it too and loving it!   We tried really hard to just relax and have not a care in the world since it was our last weekend before school starts.  Nana Babs and Grampa the Rooster were coming on Sunday so we just cleaned house and prepped for Nana's extended stay!  Grilled Flank and stuffed portabellas for dinner and an early bed!


Day 57- Sunday
Sunday we awoke to a clogged disposal. UGH!  WE tried everything and since there was no food in it we were very confused.  Ran out to Target and got some liquid plumber and on the way home treated the girls to a shake from Steak n Shake.  I made the mistake of eating dairy and I didn't realize just HOW intolerant my body is after living a Paleo life since January.  It is incredible what your body does just to show you what is good and not good for it.  I felt like a blow up doll with hugely dilated eyes a nauseous tummy and pounding headache.  Took a lot of water to flush that dairy out of me.  Anyway, we got home and the girls were running ahead of me and Josh followed.  I had Jasper in the car seat.  The rounded the corner and I heard, ' well there's Baleigh....and Payton...and JOSH!"  I came around the corner into the breeze way in front of our door and who is it!?  SHERRY FORTIN!  I have not seen Sherry since I was a teenager!  She was a member of our church and choir at United Baptist when I was younger and a great friend of the family.  It was such a wonderful visit.  Now as I said for Saturday I have been off the radar for the weekend on facebook...well turns out she had messaged me she was in the area.  WE had a lovely hour long visit where she cuddled Jasper and entertained the girls million and one questions.  Her dog lady was a huge hit and very tolerant of my "hands on" children!



Although the visit was short lived it is really comforting to know she is only a few hours away.  Thank you Sherry!!
After Sherry left Josh's parents Nana Babs and Grampa showed up!  Grampa only stayed 20 or so minutes as he wanted to turn back around.  Apparently a hurricane is brewing and he needed to get back to shut up the house.  We enjoyed our first night with Nana eating a nice chicken and salad dinner and staying up for quite a late night for me! 
Tomorrow Bay starts school!  I am sad I will not start it with my class but I understand that training and so forth is crucial to assure I am teaching the appropriate material and style for this particular school.

No comments:

Post a Comment