0-365....its here....its over and I can not believe it at all. Today is the day we officially moved into our apartment in Florida just 365 days ago! I can not even count the accomplishments, the dreams, the ups, the downs, the support, the struggles we have had to get where we are right now. I am so proud of this family you have no idea. We have kept fairly busy the past two weeks. Its so hard to enjoy summer knowing the fall is looming. I am still a very new teacher and honestly am not sure where to start come fall, how to set up my new room what kind of projects to start how to get organized, make sure I do everything right. Start my new position also as a trainer for PCM, and also continue all the classes and training I have for being a new teacher. Not only do I have all that on the plate but I am also needing to start my Autism Endorsement since I will be flagged come fall for having a completely autistic classroom. Oye Vey. My head is reeling. But apart from that, we have discovered new places around here we would like to live in the future and are going to have a fabulous summer! So far we have gone to Fernandina Beach and adored the area, been to the zoo several times, the pool of course, and as usual the base pool. Which brings me to my next paragraph...
Today was a hard day for me as a mom...I had to watch my daughters swim 50 yards in a humongous swimming pool ten feet deep in order to pass a swim test. While both girls are excellent swimmers only one apparently had the stamina to not only swim it, but also tread water for 60 seconds. The pool had to change there rules as of Monday because a child was hurt going down the water slide in a life jacket. The strap caught and he was clothes lined and smacked his head backwards and was seriously injured. So therefore, the new pool rule is no life jackets on the slide....and no swimming without a life jacket unless you pass a test. Baleigh did fabulous, swam down and back using all the different strokes so she wouldn't get tired. She then tread water for a full minute and was rewarded with a slip of paper to put on file so every time she goes to the pool she will get a special pink bracelet. Payton also swam down and back beautifully...but when it came time to treat water she couldn't quite do it and kept resorting to floating on her back. I find this highly unfair because she has proven she can swim...But rules are rules...and my daughter had her first real broken heart. As did MANY other children. The pool was filled with the misery of distraught children and the over zealous excitement of those that had proven themselves worthy. My heart is torn in both directions. So with that being said...I leave you with pictures from the past 2 or 3 weeks since the previous post....and consider this post blog closed.
365 ... over and out...
 |
| Our new pool...thanks Debby |
 |
| Flooding from Debby |
 |
| examining the flooding |
 |
| Josh took this... |
|
 |
| Downtown Riverside |
 |
| Fernandina Beach...amazing |
 |
| Coconut and Pineapple on ice....ahhhhh |
 |
| Pip on the left...Bay on the right lol |
 |
| Red sky in the morning.... and then Debby HIT |
 |
| The love dresses and sunglasses...alot |
 |
| ZOOOO |
 |
| Bottom middle teeth about to fall out...new tooth already almost fully grew in behind it! |
 |
| So pretty! |
|
 |
| What about me mom! |
 |
| Got a little Capn in ya? |
 |
| I bang on this pink piano with a hammer and it sounds awesome! |
 |
| Debby kept us indoors for almost 5 days! |
 |
| Don't be jealous :) |
 |
| Pip getting stitched after a minor...sister squabble involving a bear |
 |
| My gorgeous men |
|
 |
| at the zoo water park |
 |
| playing with my man |
No comments:
Post a Comment