![]() |
| Look whose ONE!!!!!! |
The END...
well here it is mid June 365 days ago we were moving here to Jacksonville Florida. Do I love Florida .... yes... Jacksonville?... still haven't made that decision yet. We have learned to make it our own though, (with lots of help and support from Nana Babs and Rooster.) We have learned to survive on our own and love life as a family. After I had jasper there was no question that I struggled to get rid of the stomach that he caused. Let's go back even further to be 4 I had jasper and was living a weight watchers/crossfit lifestyle. Fine ... lost some weight but I was always hungry and always miserable thank you dairy grains and sugar. Then that fall that I got pregnant with Jasper I started portion control and the zone. It wasn't until January 2011 that I decided to live a paleo lifestyle. In 1 month I lost all the baby weigh I already gained and was starting to weigh less then when I got pregnant. When I had jasper I weighed in 15 pounds less than when I got pregnant and was ready to walk out of the hospital...full of energy!! Three Weeks later we moved here. I have not lost a lb since we moved here my stomach has been about the same no matter how many situps I've done...no matter how much crossfit I did...nothing changed. My arms and legs are serious rocks, not an inch of fat on them, but nothing short of surgery was making this stomach budge. It seriously made me question paleo lifestyles and what I was doing wrong. It is no surprise a rum and diet coke is my weakness... and my water of choice. Actually I literally hate drinking water and have to force it down my throat. So when yet again Cait recommended another way of eating I was leery at first because booze was a no go. Eating the whole 30 is basically a very strict paleo including no booze no dairy no grains no sugar of any kind... artificial or real. It is a way of resetting your metabolism and only putting food in your body that you are MEANT to eat. Do you have any idea what it's like to drink coffee without splenda... honey ...Stevia coconut sugar? DO YOU?! Nasty.. that's what it's like. However I did get use to it and was thrilled when the book said that I could put coconut milk in it. Now...I love it. My husband and I learned how to cook fresh from the farmers market plan our meals weekly and live off the foodee project website. A total life saver! Apart from eating this way over the past month we spent so much time with each other and have learned to appreciate each other more. Not dealing with Facebook on a daily basis was wonderful. I did not find that I had to mark every moment down or take a picture of everything... we just got to live our lives plain and simple. I have recently found out that my presence was not lacking on Facebook and some people still decided to post about our lives and pictures of us and the kids. Oh well. Not much I can say about that. This past weekend proved to be the most interesting. I walked into the front office to fax a piece of paper for Josh and we were told a 3 bedroom came available. Does it overlook my beautiful pool ... no... does it overlook a parking lot and some grass that leads to the pool .. yes... is it spacious roomie and beautiful .. of course. Until we can decide where exactly we want to live and where exactly we are going to move in our surrounding areas this is what we need. So within 1 day we completely moved our 2 bedroom over to 3 bedroom and are so happy. And on that day I also managed to burn my arm...like really bad. On the heating element in the oven....awesome. This entire moving feat could NEVER have been done without Nana Babs. You know living with your mother in law doesn't seem like it could ever be easy. I am truly blessed to have Barbara....we can bicker like any other but we make a great team wrangling kids and we have been so fortunate to have her watch the kids until the end of school year. Speaking of which... school... we have been out of school since last Thursday the sixth I had to go in on Monday and Tuesday just to finish cleaning up the classroom and hand in paper work. We are done... until August 13. Bay and Pay go to Saint Pauls Catholic school starting August 15th and Jasper goes to the Chapelle school around that time. We are ready to start the summer...which I thought ( and hoped) would begin with a trip to RI. That may be on a back burner since.we moved into the three bedroom...not sure. So here are the stats for the past 30 days. Josh looks amazing...and was so supportive. I lost a total of 14#. 4" off my waist 3" from hips 2 1/2" from each arm 2" from each thigh. All of this just by eating the way that we were bred to eat. Put the cookie down people... this summer will be spent converting the most difficult child Bay to paleo, Payton already is and loves it. Jasper too. And lucky for us all three love to workout and run hard so they are on track to a healthy lifestyle!!! So without further adieu....pictures. Let's get right to the heart of the matter....the weight/inches lost.
ok all for now...not sure if the blog will continue but we will see. :) Thank you all who have journeyed this past 365 days with us!
well here it is mid June 365 days ago we were moving here to Jacksonville Florida. Do I love Florida .... yes... Jacksonville?... still haven't made that decision yet. We have learned to make it our own though, (with lots of help and support from Nana Babs and Rooster.) We have learned to survive on our own and love life as a family. After I had jasper there was no question that I struggled to get rid of the stomach that he caused. Let's go back even further to be 4 I had jasper and was living a weight watchers/crossfit lifestyle. Fine ... lost some weight but I was always hungry and always miserable thank you dairy grains and sugar. Then that fall that I got pregnant with Jasper I started portion control and the zone. It wasn't until January 2011 that I decided to live a paleo lifestyle. In 1 month I lost all the baby weigh I already gained and was starting to weigh less then when I got pregnant. When I had jasper I weighed in 15 pounds less than when I got pregnant and was ready to walk out of the hospital...full of energy!! Three Weeks later we moved here. I have not lost a lb since we moved here my stomach has been about the same no matter how many situps I've done...no matter how much crossfit I did...nothing changed. My arms and legs are serious rocks, not an inch of fat on them, but nothing short of surgery was making this stomach budge. It seriously made me question paleo lifestyles and what I was doing wrong. It is no surprise a rum and diet coke is my weakness... and my water of choice. Actually I literally hate drinking water and have to force it down my throat. So when yet again Cait recommended another way of eating I was leery at first because booze was a no go. Eating the whole 30 is basically a very strict paleo including no booze no dairy no grains no sugar of any kind... artificial or real. It is a way of resetting your metabolism and only putting food in your body that you are MEANT to eat. Do you have any idea what it's like to drink coffee without splenda... honey ...Stevia coconut sugar? DO YOU?! Nasty.. that's what it's like. However I did get use to it and was thrilled when the book said that I could put coconut milk in it. Now...I love it. My husband and I learned how to cook fresh from the farmers market plan our meals weekly and live off the foodee project website. A total life saver! Apart from eating this way over the past month we spent so much time with each other and have learned to appreciate each other more. Not dealing with Facebook on a daily basis was wonderful. I did not find that I had to mark every moment down or take a picture of everything... we just got to live our lives plain and simple. I have recently found out that my presence was not lacking on Facebook and some people still decided to post about our lives and pictures of us and the kids. Oh well. Not much I can say about that. This past weekend proved to be the most interesting. I walked into the front office to fax a piece of paper for Josh and we were told a 3 bedroom came available. Does it overlook my beautiful pool ... no... does it overlook a parking lot and some grass that leads to the pool .. yes... is it spacious roomie and beautiful .. of course. Until we can decide where exactly we want to live and where exactly we are going to move in our surrounding areas this is what we need. So within 1 day we completely moved our 2 bedroom over to 3 bedroom and are so happy. And on that day I also managed to burn my arm...like really bad. On the heating element in the oven....awesome. This entire moving feat could NEVER have been done without Nana Babs. You know living with your mother in law doesn't seem like it could ever be easy. I am truly blessed to have Barbara....we can bicker like any other but we make a great team wrangling kids and we have been so fortunate to have her watch the kids until the end of school year. Speaking of which... school... we have been out of school since last Thursday the sixth I had to go in on Monday and Tuesday just to finish cleaning up the classroom and hand in paper work. We are done... until August 13. Bay and Pay go to Saint Pauls Catholic school starting August 15th and Jasper goes to the Chapelle school around that time. We are ready to start the summer...which I thought ( and hoped) would begin with a trip to RI. That may be on a back burner since.we moved into the three bedroom...not sure. So here are the stats for the past 30 days. Josh looks amazing...and was so supportive. I lost a total of 14#. 4" off my waist 3" from hips 2 1/2" from each arm 2" from each thigh. All of this just by eating the way that we were bred to eat. Put the cookie down people... this summer will be spent converting the most difficult child Bay to paleo, Payton already is and loves it. Jasper too. And lucky for us all three love to workout and run hard so they are on track to a healthy lifestyle!!! So without further adieu....pictures. Let's get right to the heart of the matter....the weight/inches lost.
![]() |
| OK so...Day 1...mind you we totally pigged out that day! |
![]() |
| Day 30 Can not wait to do another whole 30 |
![]() |
| Chicken Curry with artichokes |
![]() |
| Cleaning out closet for new teacher |
![]() |
| Mushroom and pepper omelet |
![]() |
| Storm brewing.. |
![]() |
| Awesome mosaic art the kids did... |
![]() |
| Fishermans pie ( sweet potato topping) |
![]() |
| Look at that form! |
![]() |
| don't hate ;) |
![]() |
| Rooster visits! |
![]() |
| Morrocan meatballs |
![]() |
| Cavesketti! |
![]() |
| HELL YES! |
![]() |
| Plantain fries are the BOMB! |
![]() |
| TASTES LIKE EGG NOG! ( Banana coconut smoothie) |
![]() |
| This had a freaky name....ummm....cook eggs on top of a chili/spag sauce type thingy.... |
![]() |
| When you turn one...the bottle goes bye bye...sorry kiddo |
![]() |
| Birthday cupcake from Linda |
![]() |
| My saving grace....coconut milk iced coffee |
![]() |
| Laid more eggs! |
![]() |
| Our new 3 bedroom...so spacious! |
![]() |
| kitchen to dining room |
![]() |
| Girls room |
![]() |
| Another corner of the girls room |
![]() |
| Jazzy's room |
![]() |
| Awesome breakfast! Spinach tomatoes poached eggs and asparagus |
![]() |
| Another view of girls room |
![]() |
| Capn' Jacks toy shelf |
![]() |
| Worst burn ever..... |
![]() |
| Our last dinner (kind of a cheat with the coconut pita) Chicken thigh schwarma with tahini sauce ummm HELL YES! |
![]() | ||
| Amazing big sister... |


































I wanted to read your post about the Whole30 challenge.. I saw the link you posted over on I Breathe I'm Hungry blog...anyway, You got amazing results and I can't wait to start this thing tomorrow! :)
ReplyDeleteawww thank you!!!!!!!! I am doing another one as well...but this is my hubbies last four off ( he is a federal officer and works 5 ten hour days on and gets four off) of the summer...and then I go back to teaching so...drinking will ensue tonight!
ReplyDelete