Sunday, December 4, 2011

Visitors!!!! Out with the turkey and in with the tree!

Saturday Day 146-Saturday 160

Wow ok where to begin?  First off we had lots of visitors as the first week was Thanksgiving week.  Nana packed her bags up sadly...but let me tell you we had the BEST time prepping food, playing with the kids...and getting ready to celebrate not only her wonderful time here, but also the Thanksgiving meal itself.  Uncle John came up for the long weekend and we had the greatest time torturing him with three children.  The girls did a fantastic job of running him ragged!  Although it was sad for them all to leave, their departure made way for one of my best friends arrivals!   Aunty Feather ( aka Heather) came to town!  What a lovely visit it was and just a nice piece of home to have for an evening.  Although the visit was short it made a great impact on all of us.  The girls were more than thrilled and I had a fabulous time girly shopping with Heather all over town!  I was so excited for her to meet my Linda and they hit it off too! It was nice to see my two worlds come together so smoothly.  After Heather left, Josh and I started our new life....alone!  Our new babysitter started Monday and she is fantastic.  The kids adore her, and Jasper is on his best behavior...for the most part ;) As good as any tired 6 month old with chompers coming in can be I guess!  Anyway the two weeks again flew by, and I actually forgot I even had a blog last weekend LOL.  So here I am again.  I will be uploading more pics....as usual!  SO OUT WITH THE TURKEY AND IN WITH THE TREE!  The tree is up and beautiful and the kids are in full Xmas mode.  We have letters to Santa, packages getting ready to go out with gifts the girls made, and lots of fun filled adventures coming up.  The base has a snow making machine and they make a mountain for sledding and a field of snow for children to play in once a year.....WE WILL BE GOING!  The girls do not know, it will be a nice surprise for them.  But ask them and they are a-ok with having palm trees instead of snow! While I may miss the first snow fall I will not miss the nasty mud that is made and the dreariness that comes with it.  The first snowfall is magic, the rest I can live without.  So December 17th we will have our first snow fall here and we will love it!  All for now....I have a cranky baby who has been up since oh I don't know...330.












I love this
The girls helped decorate our two lovely neighbors tree!

Josh admiring his work!

No comments:

Post a Comment