So a beautiful gorgeous weekend it was. We celebrated Nana's birthday all weekend and took the kids to the park to get them out of the house and running around. Payton still didn't look or sound good this weekend...maybe a Dr. visit in our future. I still don't feel great and am thinking something is brewing deep in the old bronchial area. Our friend next door Teresa and Dawn brought over deep fried Oreos! If you can believe it they were....delicious. I ate one and thought I would die...I just don't eat like that anymore and my body hated me for it. My taste buds thanked me though. I turned in at 8 pm on Saturday night because I felt awful. Same thing happened on Sunday so not much of a productive weekend, although I did clean....ALOT.
I just realized Pip isn't in any of these pics...she was running around like a maniac....yet had no voice. This was the start of her getting sick...
Monday Day 100- Friday Day 104
So this week we started working on the body...senses, how the body works, how we use it etc. For sense of smell and vision the kids made floral arrangements using my fake wedding flowers...they did a great job! I took a picture of each child with the arrangement when they were done and made a giant flower shop area on one of my walls. So cute. Can't show you because the faces are in it...I can show you the final arrangement though. Also the children made silver leaf art work...so cool, did some smell tests with cinnamon, lime, coffee, dirt and mint. Taste tested gummy bears on different parts of their tongues and played in dirt....yes dirt. I love dirt tables. The clean dirt ya know? So a productive week all around and next week they start looking inside the body. How it works on the inside. Some of the projects include making bones and muscles from red tissue paper and white pipe cleaners and tracing each other and drawing in the organs! I can't wait to see what they come up with. God knows one of them will draw a roller coaster inside someones body! Tis the age. I also broke out the sewing machine this week and decided to create some ugly dolls. Why not. I needed something to do with my minuscule amount of free time and each doll takes about 10 minutes....very instantly gratifying! So by Wednesday it was apparent that Pip was not getting better and neither was I. We both stayed up all night sitting on couch coughing our lungs out but to no avail....we just couldn't breath. So after a Dr. visit for both of us it turned out she did have croup ( steroid shot right then and there because her oxygen was low breathing treatments, antibiotics and more) a double ear infection a positive strep test and sinusitis! How does it go from a cough to that in two days? She is not a sickly child! The next day I ended up in the walk in....to discover I had bronchitis and ear infection and sinusitis....JEESH! The following day NANA had gotten it too! It starts with a nasty virus and for some turns into a bacterial infection. It sure did for all of us. Everyone is on the mend hopefully but it looks like jasper is getting a little glassy eyed and feverish... ( I sit here Saturday morning typing this and he has 101.4 with meds....) Hopefully this weekend will be a nice restful one. Who am I kidding...we will be partying! Friday Josh graduated from the police academy...I couldn't be prouder of him! Roger came up for the event but Nana Babs was so sick she stayed home with Jasper :( She was greatly missed at the occasion. I know we all wish she had been there. The girls were excellent and cheered so loudly for their dad when he was recognized as being the top of his class! So proud...and happy for him. This was something he never could have done had we stayed in RI. Opportunity keeps knocking....and we are always willing to open the door. Wonder what or who will knock this week?
| Cream of the crop |






No comments:
Post a Comment