Day 73-
Tuesday THRU
Day 76 Friday
The days blend together during the week. The hours are terrible as far as family and work goes....I am at school from 815 until 530. I wish I could just have a half hour lunch so I can go home earlier but oh well! This week was full of work. Because this is a public blog I can not post pics of my room or the kids doing any kinds of projects but I can tell you about them and show the projects if there aren't children in the images. So here goes. Early in the week we did some great literacy/art work with images of famous painting. Then children chose an image they loved and wrote about it in kid writing. I assisted them in writing what they were trying to say and they came out....fabulously! I can show you Bay's though! I am her mom after all!!!
 |
| Sorry it won't let me flip this picture! |
We also finished our school of fish after reading Rainbow Fish and discussing sharing and being kind to others. These children are still struggling with that concept since they are just barely four some of them. Very hard to teach when they are still grasping that concept. We did an Eric Carle style fish bowl which came out really nice and put the fish around it. The fish are made from torn paper!

Ok and the final big project of the week....well the curriculum had me talking to the children about structures...including towers. The word tower means a lot to America after 9/11. While I understand the importance of not telling the children what happened I think that they should NOT be excluded when discussing famous towers. I was instructed to show the children a skyline, Eiffel tower and leaning tower of pisa. I showed them the NY skyline BEFORE and AFTER 911 and asked them what was missing...the children all exclaimed that two towers were missing. I simply asked them if they would like to rebuild them and they all agreed they wanted to put them back! So without revealing them doing the work since I can't....here are some before during and finished construction pictures.
 |
| UNDER CONSTRUCTION |
 |
| finished product. I love the trees of tissue paper! |
 |
| Bay super proud! |
I was very proud of the kids and felt honored on Friday when I had several parents approach me and thank me. We really serve a lot of military families in this school so they all made a point to seek me out and thank our class for putting up this display outside my door! Great job kiddos!
<3 all your hard work and so glad Bay has Ms Christen as a teacher so we can see some of the more personal results <3
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are where you have always wanted to be doing what you have always wanted to do.
Love and miss you all. Thanks for calling last night, I needed that before the difficult day ahead <3