Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spring Break ends and Spring "HOLIDAY" begins!

Monday Day 269-Saturday 288

Well Spring break was  awesome to say the least.  A week full of sun, pool, and relaxing tanning.  I need another vacay soon, maybe I will learn to relax even more instead of cook, clean, organize and what not in the spare time of the day!  So recently I have become obsessed with a new website PALEOMG.COM  check her out she is hilarious and the food is awesome!  I always seem to have the stuff she cooks with!  Easter is fast approaching and she has piqued my interest on some of her recipes.  So going back to the last two weeks.  Nana came in on Thursday of Spring Break, we were thrilled to see her, it has been since Christmas after all!  The week back from spring break was great, could not believe how well behaved my class was!  I started plotting some Easter decor as you will see in the pics I am sure and we did these between reading and math lessons.  What a mess, but oh so fun!  I am thrilled that we get to wear jeans in the CSS department....trust me its needed with all we do!  ( on the floor, painting, gluing etc.)  Anywho, this past week was only 3 days long and to boot on the 4th day I got to be in my classroom alone which made me a happppppy girl ( would have been happier WITHOUT a lower GI bug...yeah).  This is not part of spring break this is what they call spring HOLIDAY...they are not allowed to associate spring break with Easter so they have us go back to school for a week in between so there is no correlation.  Hmm...I won't say a thing.   Who got alllll her portfolios for end of year?  Who got all the closet finished up and boxed for the move?  Who got progress reports, grades, comments, home notes and files organized???  THIS GIRL!   Ahhhh yes you see the words "move" in there?  I have to switch classrooms, 30 feet in a diagonal direction to the current grade2-3 class.  Huge, beautiful clean room I LOVE it.  Can not wait to get my hands on that awesome brand new wood desk that I will be receiving too with the high back teachers computer chair.  AHhhh :)  I also found out I will ( more than likely) be teaching a group of " high" children next fall, meaning K-1 very high functioning children.  I am very excited to be a part of their lives and see what I can bring to them, and them to me!  We have 5 teachers in our department and are losing 2 in the fall...so many changes to come I am sure.  Always a mystery!  So as I type this I am watching my son walk....12 steps he made it all the way across the living room.  Its funny he has been taking steps for weeks...but I think he is finally realizing that walking is way cooler and more fun and people cheer for him, so he is pretty much hanging on his feet now.    Okey Dokey....off to the zoo again today, apparently there is a water park and the kids are dying to play in it...we are fortunate to have Nana Babs here so she will be staying home hanging out with Jasper!  Thank you NANA!









No comments:

Post a Comment